It’s been a long time coming.
You can ask my husband, as I’ve probably said to him a million times over the past year how much I’d like to have my blog redesigned.
It was just a matter of buckling down and committing to it, and then finding the right person for the job, of course! If you’re ever in need of some web design work, Deluxe Designs is my new go-to! Julie is great to work with and made the whole process easy and seamless. I highly recommend her!
These Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate dessert! A layer of sugar cookies followed by a cheesecake filling, all on top of a irresistible Golden Oreo crust. You will LOVE these!
Since I was so excited about my new design, I decided today would be the perfect day to share these Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars with y’all.
I’ve actually been saving this recipe for the past few weeks, just waiting for today to arrive so we could celebrate! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with one of these babies.
They are so deliciously sinful, you are going to LOVE them.
- 24 Golden Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16.5 oz) package prepared sugar cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11×7 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush Golden Oreo cookies in a large, resealable zip top bag with a meat mallet or large soup can. (You could also crush them using your blender or food processor.) Combine the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, mixing until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until nice and smooth. Spread over the top of Oreo crust.
- Remove cookie dough from package and use your hands to flatten small clumps to cover the cheesecake filling. Continue adding flattened pieces of cookie dough until the top is completely covered. You may have some dough left over to make cookies with, or just to snack on. 🙂
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until top is set and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before slicing to help bars set up completely. If you’re like me, taking a warm gooey slice is perfectly acceptable before doing that step, though! Enjoy!