Oven baked salmon cakes. Delicious fish cakes baked in halogen (turbo) oven.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 pound (480 g) cooked potato,mashed
- 12 oz (360 g) skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 1/2 bunch green onion,finely chopped
- handful of chopped chives
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs,beaten plus 1 egg,beaten separately
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a food processor,combine mashed potato,salmon,green onions,chives and lemon zest.
- Add 2 beaten eggs and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Form mixture into balls and flatten.
- Dip each fish cake into remaining beaten egg,ensuring it’s well covered.Then dip into breadcrumbs.
- Place onto greased baking dish.
- Preheat halogen oven to 500 F (250 C).
- Place fish cakes on the grilling rack.
- Bake on each side until cooked through (for about 8-10 minutes per side.)
- Serve immediately.