Old Fashioned Homemade Chocolate Pie
- 1-1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- dash of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1-9″ pastry shell baked
- Bake pie crust until golden
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan; set aside.
- Combine milk and egg yolks.
- Stir milk and egg yolks into mixture; add butter.
- Cook over medium heat, and stir constantly until mix thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla; spoon into pastry shell.
You can put a meringue on top if you want, but this is only optional using the egg whites from eggs used for pie.