This Mexican Pizza is a delicious way to combine two of my favorites foods!
These Mexican Pizzas are so much better then….you know that one little building with a drive thru and I think it has a bell on it. Yes that one….Well it has always been my favorite on the menu. Pretty brilliant combining two of my favorite foods pizza and tacos, this one is definitely a MUST make!
This Mexican Pizzas can be whipped up for a quick weeknight dinner. I use my cast iron skillet to fry the tortillas, and then bake them on this sheet pan. Flour tortillas layered with beans and taco meat then topped with sauce, cheese and all your favorite toppings. Put a dollop of sour cream or salsa . Mmmm Perfection!!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 8 oz jar taco sauce
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 large diced tomatoes
- 1 can sliced olives
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet heat the oil up on medium heat.
- Fry each tortilla in the oil just until lightly browned and crispy, remove and set aside on paper towels
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and ½ cup taco sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small pan on medium heat warm the refried beans
- Place a single layer of the beans on the crispy tortillas, followed by a layer of the taco meat, Top with another tortilla. Spread 3-4 tablespoons of taco sauce, sprinkle some cheddar and jack cheese and top with a few tomatoes and olives.
- Bakes in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Remove from oven let set for 5 minutes top with green onions and slice