20 Minute Christmas Crack is my #1, all time favorite, easiest ever to make candy! I love this stuff! I cannot be left alone with this candy! I’m a sweet and salty addict and a chocolate addict. A couple of the best things about this candy are, that it always turns out, and that the kids can easily help make it!
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Line foil with saltine crackers, touching salt side up. You probably won’t need quite two sleeves of crackers.
- Over medium heat, while constantly stirring, bring butter and sugar to a gentle boil. Once it’s boiling remove spoon and boil for exactly 3 minutes. You want the heat to be as low as possible while maintaining a boil.
- Pour over saltine crackers. Spread with the back of a spoon if necessary.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Immediately after removing them from the over sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes. Spread with the back of a spoon.
- Decorate with sprinkles, chopped nuts or colored dipping chocolates.