Are your kids messy eaters?
Mine sure are. Not like need a napkin kind of messy, like they need to take a shower after eating kind of messy.
I mean there is food on the floor, food in their hair, food in their ears…sometimes I think there is food that even makes it to another room in the house. And no they are NOT toddlers, they are 11 and 7. In fact they were NOT messy eaters as toddlers, go figure. They can make a mess with a cheese stick……it is disgusting!
EASY SLOW COOKER BBQ DRUMSTICKS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 12 chicken drumsticks skin on or off–I do half and half
For the Rub:
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optional
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub together and rub on chicken legs.
- Place in slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked in slow cooker, preheat grill or broiler to medium high.
- Brush chicken with barbeque sauce and grill until crispy, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- To Make BBQ Sauce:
- Bring apple juice, tomato sauce, salt, vinegar, honey, and chili powder to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.