Last time it was at a farmer’s market, I came home with a loot of big, gorgeous strawberries freshly picked from a nearby strawberry farm. These strawberries were so pretty and ripe, we had to eat them or use them in a recipe immediately. Of course, it’s not as much fun to just eat strawberries as to make something tasty out of them. Something tasty like strawberry cheesecake tacos!
These dessert tacos are amazing and so easy to make! You’ll be enjoying this awesome dessert in about 20 minutes.
This taco idea turned out so good that I even surprised myself. I knew it was going to be tasty because you can’t go wrong with a combination of fresh strawberries, cinnamon, and a creamy cheesecake filling, but I didn’t realize just how tasty it would be. It a perfect combination of textures and flavors. I even made everyone in the house, including our visiting family, try the tacos because it was too good not to eat. Even though they were quite full from lunch, they gobbled them up with a “mmm” and a smile.
- 10 crunchy corn taco shells
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- US Customary – Metric
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Mix well and spread the mixture in a small shallow bowl.
- Brush outside of each taco with butter.
- Dab the outside of the taco shell into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place the taco shells on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla for a couple of minutes, until smooth.
- Transfer cream cheese mixture into a piping bag to easier fill the tacos.
- Dice strawberries into small pieces and mix them with 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Cool cinnamon taco shells to room temperature and fill them with cheesecake filling and strawberries.