Chicken Parm Meatballs Recipe
- 1 1/4 pounds minced chicken
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz canned pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the wrack near the top.
- Throw in all the ingredients – except for the last 3 – into a bowl, and mix well.
- Make large balls with your hands, and arrange them on a foil sheet
- Open the canned pizza sauce, and in bowl, mix 1 spoon of the sauce and 3 tsps olive oil.
- Use a brush to rub the mixture on the meatballs.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- When ready, take out from the oven and add some pizza sauce to the meatballs.
- Slice the cheese and place a slice on each meatball.
- Turn heat on to highest, and insert the meatballs again for 3 to 5 mins for the cheese to toast.
- Empty out can of sauce into a pot/pan and heat up.
- Remove meatballs from oven and drop the heated sauce as the final touch before serving.
- Throw into a bowl the following for a recommended, accompanying salad.
Chopped up shallots and Tuscan kale
Parmesan, olive oil, salt & pepper.